Ingredients for 12 servings
½ cup sugar, ¾ cup brown sugar, packed, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ cup coconut oil, ¼ cup non-dairy milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 ½ cups flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 4 oz vegan semi-sweet chocolate, chunks, 4 oz vegan dark chocolate, chunks.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil until combined.
3. Whisk in non-dairy milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
4. Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
5. Fold in the chocolate chunks evenly.
6. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
7. Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Be sure to leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies and the edges of the pan so cookies can spread evenly.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown.
9. Cool completely.
Ingredients for 6 servings
1 lb lean ground beef, 1 small onion, chopped, 15 oz canned kidney bean, 1 can, 15 oz canned black bean, 1 can, 15 oz canned corn kernels, 1 can, 15 oz canned diced tomato, 1 can, 8 oz tomato sauce, 1 can, 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, 1 shredded cheddar cheese, to serve, 1 sour cream, to serve, 1 pico de gallo, to serve, 1 avocado, sliced, to serve, 1 tortilla chip, to serve, 1 lime wedge, to serve, 1 chopped cilantro, to serve.
1. Add the ground beef and onion to a large pot and stir until the beef is cooked through.
2. Drain excess liquid.
3. Add the kidney beans, black beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning to the pot, and stir until combined.
4. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, avocado, corn chips, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Ingredients for 16 servings
8 tablespoons butter, soft, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 ½ cups flour, ½ teaspoon red food coloring, (or customize it with other colors).
1. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in egg, vanilla, and salt.
3. Mix in flour.
4. Make the dough into a ball and cut into two halves.
5. Add food coloring to one half of the dough, working it in until evenly mixed.
6. On a large cutting board covered in plastic wrap, use a rolling pin to roll out each piece of dough to make two 12x9-inch (30x22 cm) rectangles. Tip: Place wax paper over the dough while rolling to keep the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
7. Take the colored dough rectangle and place it over the other regular dough rectangle.
8. Use the plastic wrap under the regular dough rectangle to help you roll the two rectangles up.
9. Fill a flat dish or baking pan with sprinkles. Roll the dough around it until the outside is completely coated.
10. Chill for at least 4 hours.
11. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
12. Cut the dough into ¼-inch slices and place them on a cookie sheet.
13. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until blonde.
Ingredients for 4 servings
8 oz cream cheese, ¼ cup spinach, cooked, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ lb ground beef, ½ lb ground pork, 1 egg, ½ cup parsley, ½ cup bread crumb, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 2 cups marinara sauce, ½ lb fettuccine, cooked, or your favorite long pasta.
1. Mix cream cheese, spinach, garlic powder, and mozzarella until smooth.
2. Mix ground beef, pork, egg, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
3. Take a golf ball-sized handful of the meatball mixture and press it flat in the palm of your hand.
4. Place a spoonful of the spinach dip in the center of the meat and fold the edges over the dip, sealing it and rolling into a ball.
5. Repeat with the remaining meat and dip.
6. In a pan over medium-high heat, sear meatballs for about a minute, then flip.
7. Add the marinara sauce and mix.
8. Cook for about 15 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thick.
9. Serve with fettuccine.
Ingredients for 2 servings
2 duck breasts, 1-pound, 1 salt, to taste, 1 pepper, to taste, 1 lb fingerling potato, 1 sprig rosemary, 1 cup red wine, 1 cup chicken stock, ½ orange, 2 tablespoons honey.
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F(200˚C).
2. Pat dry the duck breasts with a paper towel.
3. Score the duck skin with sharp knife, making sure to not cut into fresh.
4. Season the duck breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
5. Add the potatoes to a pot of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 15-20 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
6. Using a ramekin or your palm, gently smash the potatoes.
7. Starting with a cold and dry oven-safe skillet, place the duck breasts skin side down. Cook for 12-15 minutes over medium heat.
8. Flip the breasts over and sear the other side for 1 minute. Flip to the skin side down, and transfer the skillet to the oven.
9. Roast for 4 minutes for medium-rare, 6 minutes for medium.
10. Rest the duck skin side up for 10 minutes. Do not discard the fat in the pan.
11. Combine red wine, chicken stock, orange juice, and honey and reduce by half over medium heat.
12. Fry the potatoes with remaining duck fat in the pan, until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
13. Slice the duck ½-inch pieces.
14. Serve with the sauce and the potatoes.
Ingredients for 2 servings
1 chicken breast, 1 bag smoky bacon potato chops, crushed.
1. Smush the crisps into little bits.
2. Cut the chicken breast into small bite sized chunks.
3. One at a time, add a piece of chicken to the bag and shake it around a bit. Squeeze to help the the crisps stick to the chicken.
4. Continue until you have either run out of chicken or crisps! (don’t eat any leftover crisps that have come into contact with the raw chicken).
5. Place the coated chicken onto a baking tray.
6. Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven for 12 minutes at 200°C/400°F
7. Serve with ketchup, mayo or whatever you like!
Ingredients for 4 servings
3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 ½ lb chicken breast, cubed, ½ yellow onion, diced, salt, to taste, pepper, to taste, 2 cups cremini mushroom, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon thyme, 2 teaspoons paprika, 4 cups chicken broth, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 lb farfalle pasta, 5 oz spinach, 1 cup parmesan cheese.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper, and brown - make sure to cook through. Set chicken aside.
2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onion into the pot and stir. Cook down for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and garlic, and stir to incorporate with the onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste as well as thyme and paprika. Stir to evenly season.
4. Add chicken broth and heavy cream to the pot and stir. Bring to a boil, then add the farfalle pasta.
5. Cook according to package instructions, being sure to stir every 1-2 minutes to keep the pasta from clumping together. (Cook time may be a little longer in this recipe than when the pasta is boiled in water.)
6. When the farfalle pasta is al dente, add the spinach and chicken and stir until the spinach cooks down and incorporates.
7. Add parmesan and stir until it’s well-incorporated and you’re left with a smooth sauce.
8. Top off with extra parmesan and serve.
Ingredients for 4 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 salt, to taste, 1 pepper, to taste, 3 cups buttermilk, 1 packet ranch seasoning, 10 cups cheese puff, 1 oil, to fry.
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Make parallel cuts in each chicken breast without slicing all of the way through. Place chicken breasts in a large bowl.
3. Add buttermilk and ranch seasoning mix to the bowl and stir until chicken is well-coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours, or overnight.
4. While chicken is marinating, place 10 cups of cheese puffs in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground. Pour into a large bowl.
5. Using tongs or yours hands, toss each marinated chicken breast into cheese puff powder.
6. Bend coated chicken breast to form a hollow circle. Use a toothpick to seal the ends together.
7. Heat oil to 350°F (175°C) in a large skillet or pot.
8. Carefully place each breast in the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken breast reaches 165°F (75°C).
9. Remove the chicken breasts and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
10. Serve with french fries, carrots, broccoli, and ranch dressing, if desired.
Ingredients for 4 servings
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced, 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater, fine sea salt, to taste, ground black pepper, to taste, 2 cups spinach, 2 cups creamed corn, ¼ cup fresh herb, (such as parsley, chives, sage, or dill), finely chopped, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, 4 large eggs, ¼ cup parmigiano-reggiano, grated, plus more to finish, flaky sea salt, to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and onion, and cook until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the grated sweet potato, season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until the sweet potato is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and stir until wilted, about 1 minute, then fold in the leftover creamed corn, herbs, and cayenne, if using.
5. Season again to taste and stir until warmed through, about 1 minute.
6. Use the back of a wooden spoon to create four small indentations for the eggs and add each egg, being careful not to break the yolks.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven.
8. Bake until the egg whites are just set and the top begins to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
9. Sprinkled with flaky salt, additional herbs, and additional Parmesan cheese.
10. Serve immediately
Ingredients for 4 Servings
14 oz canned chili, heated, 1 can refrigerated pizza dough, 4 cheddar cheese sticks, 4 hot dogs, all-beef, 1 tablespoon butter, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon parsley.
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
2. Spread chili into a greased 11x7-inch (28 x 18 cm) glass baking dish.
3. Unroll the dough and cut into four even strips.
4. Cut the cheese sticks in half lengthwise.
5. Place a hot dog in the center of a piece of dough. Place each half of the cheese stick on either side of the hot dog.
6. Wrap the dough around the cheese and hot dog, overlapping slightly in the center. Repeat with remaining dough, hot dogs, and cheese.
7. Place the wrapped hot dogs on top of the chili.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes, until the dough is light golden.
9. Add the butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until melted. Stir in the garlic powder and parsley.
10. Brush over the wrapped hot dogs.
Ingredients for 10 servings
5 lb boneless ribeye roast, trimmed, 1 salt, to taste, 1 black pepper, to taste, 1 cup butter, softened, 7 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tablespoon paprika, ¼ cup chives, chopped, ¼ cup rosemary, chopped, ½ cup brown sugar, 3 lb bacon, ¼ cup flour, 2 cups beef broth.
1. Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
2. Let the ribeye roast come to room temperature. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper on all sides.
3. Place the roast in the oven for 3 hours, or until the temperature reaches at least 125°F (52°C) for an eventual medium-rare cooked prime rib. Let ribeye cool to room temperature.
4. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
5. Mix together the butter, garlic, paprika, chives, rosemary, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined.
6. Rub the butter mixture all over the ribeye roast and set aside.
7. On a large piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap, weave together slices of bacon until you have a bacon lattice twice as long and twice as wide as the roast.
8. Place the bacon lattice over the roast and tuck any excess bacon around the prime rib.
9. Place the bacon-wrapped roast on a greased, wire rack lined sheet tray. then place on a roasting tray with a rack.
10. Bake the roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until the bacon lattice is crispy. The center of the meat should not heat up too much so it is very important you cook it to the desired doneness when the roast was in the oven the first time.
11. Remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat.
12. Add the flour, whisking until there are no lumps and the mixture starts to simmer.
13. Add the beef broth and stir until the gravy comes to a boil.
14. Remove from heat and strain the sauce into a gravy dish.
15. Carve the prime rib into ¾-inch slices, then serve with any sides you like and the homemade gravy!
Ingredients for 6 mini pies
1 pie crust, 9 inch (23 cm), 3 cups onion, sliced, 2 cups pumpkin, or butternut squash, ½ lb bacon, ¼ teaspoon ground sage, oil, for frying, 2 eggs, ½ cup sour cream, ¼ cup milk, salt, to taste, pepper, to taste, 1 egg, for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F (170˚C).
2. Saute bacon in a medium-sized frying pan. Add squash and onion, until the onions are translucent and the squash golden brown. Season with sage, salt, and pepper. Set aside to cool.
3. Roll out pie crust into an even thin layer. With a 6-inch (15 cm) diameter bowl, cut out 6 circles. Fill a 6-cup cupcake tin with the cutouts.
4. Mix eggs, sour cream, and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the onion-pumpkin-bacon mixture into the cups.
6. Carefully pour egg mixture into every cup. Decorate pies with leftover pie crust, if desired.
7. Cover edges and decoration with egg wash.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through and crust is golden brown. (Cover top with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes if decoration gets too dark.)
Ingredients for 4 servings
½ large white onion, finely chopped, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 4 teaspoons dijon mustard, divided, fine sea salt, to taste, black pepper, to taste, ⅓ cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped, ¼ cup sour cream, 1 lb leftover turkey, chopped into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces, 8 slices swiss cheese, 1 small head little gem lettuce, leaves separated, cleaned, and dried, 8 slices pullman loaf, or white bread.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the onion, vinegar, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of the mustard. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Begin to add the olive oil drop by drop, whisking constantly, until the mixture is emulsified. Add the dill and stir to combine.
3. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette to another medium bowl and whisk the sour cream into the remaining vinaigrette. Add the chopped turkey and mix to combine.
4. Gently toss the lettuce leaves in the reserved dressing.
5. Spread four slices of the bread with ½ teaspoon mustard each.
6. Divide the turkey between all four slices and top with the sliced cheese, dressed lettuce leaves, and the remaining bread slices.
for 4 servings, 4 chicken thighs, salt, to season, pepper, to season, mixed herb, to season, 3 shallots, chopped, 40 cloves garlic, unpeeled, 120 mL (½ cup) dry vermouth, or white wine, 3 sprigs fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, 180 mL (¾ cup) chicken stock.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Set aside.
3. Heat some oil in a large pan and sear the chicken for about 10-15 minutes evenly on each side, until golden brown.
4. Take the chicken out and set aside.
5. Add the shallots and cook down in the remaining juices for about 5 minutes over a low-medium heat.
6. Add the garlic cloves and gently cook them for about 2 minutes.
7. Pour in the vermouth or white wine and gently cook so that it reduces slightly.
8. Add the chicken, parsley sprigs and tarragon, followed by the chicken stock.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
10. Serve with crusty bread and vegetables of your choice.